2008-08-10

Where'd I leave it?

Introductions come pretty tough for me by nature. I do have a pretty fair idea of where I'm at right now, though.

34, divorced, no kids that I've been convicted of, two trips to Iraq that I'm as proud of as a couple of kids. On-track to retire at 45, but not sure yet if I'll be able to. Been living on the East Coast most of my adult life after growing up all over the place as a military brat. It's not the greatest, but I've grown to like it here more than I'll sometimes admit.

I love my current job and a vast majority of the folks I work with. I've served both pre- and post-9/11, and I can tell you the difference. When I'm working, I strive to be professional & proficient at all times. I pride myself on never taking work home with me, at least figuratively. I've no real interest in politics at any level, which is one of my many critical flaws in life. Among others are a slight lack of focus, champagne taste on a beer budget, and a moral compass that looks suspiciously like a pinwheel in a hurricane.

There's been too much in life - be it personal experiences, friendships, stories, or anything else - that I've let slip for no better reason than failing to put it in black and white. With any luck, that will change from now on - or at least subside a little.

I'm not big on self-glorification, but if I've got something on my mind, you'll know it. I might even tell you what it is.

Hell, you could always ask me yourself if you want.

No comments: